Good indoor hygiene is of great importance and is necessary to live a healthy life without respiratory problems and health issues such as asthma, allergies and infections. LEDVANCE offers the perfect solution with its anti-bacterial indoor lights to purify the air around us and provide the satisfaction of a clean and healthy indoor environment.
The LEDVANCE anti-bacterial technology is a proprietary nanoscopic and transparent coating applied to the lens or diffuser of lamps.
The propriety coating used on the lamps is a white powder that is used in a wide variety of applications such as coatings, dental material, toothpaste, and cosmetics. It is also used as food additive, coloring white chocolate, sweets, and chewing gums.
The visible light from the lamp activates this coating and produces reactive radicals which in turn breaks down the organic substances on its surface and begins the Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC) degradation and disinfection process. The room’s natural air circulation brings organic compounds into contact with the coating, where they are decomposed and neutralized. In simple terms pathogens that are transmitted through the air flow reach the coating and are ‘deactivated’. No material is consumed during the reaction, resulting in a permanent coating that may last for many years. The result is a significant decrease in germs in the air, thus reducing the chances of falling sick.
There are many benefits to using the anti-bacterial LEDVANCE lamps.
The disinfection technology provides continuous protection by fighting airborne germs such as Escherichi coli (E coli), H1N1 (Flu), Methichillin, Resistant staphylococcus aureus, Aspergillus niger spore and Household odors. It decomposes and neutralizes bad odors and is safe and harmless to humans and animals. All the LEDVANCE anti-bacterial lamps are everyday lights with added germ fighting benefits. They are made with LEDVANCE Truwave technology, are energy efficient, have a high lifetime and come in different color ranges, providing optimum solutions for all conditions. Disinfection happens only on the surface of the coating, thus resulting in a permanent coating that may last for many years.